Building India: The Infrastructure We Aspire for and the Supply Chain We Need, Second Edition
About the Release of The E Book?
Better than before and very much on the way towards realizing the vision of the USD 5 trillion GDP is what sums up the economic outlook for India in 2023. Among other things, the prime enabler of this steady state economic growth is the expansionary fiscal policy with a focus on capital expenditure on the National Infrastructure Pipeline. The e-book captures three different facets of supply chain solutions that Moglix is enabling for infrastructure companies that are building India. These supply chain solutions are mapped as follows against three distinct but related domains of EPC infrastructure development:
- Custom manufacturing and fabrication for Engineering (E)
- Indirect purchase and tail end spend for Procurement (P)
- Construction raw materials for Construction (C)
Why This E-Book?
The Government of India has put in place a comprehensive policy framework for infrastructure companies such as the National Infrastructure Pipeline, InvITs, REIT, and National Monetization Pipeline and connected each of these through a digitally integrated platform of PM Gati Shakti to create a single window of shovel-ready infrastructure projects.
EPC infrastructure companies that are building India need to switch away from working in silos through fragmented supply chain processes and towards a cohesive and collaborative way of working. This change can be driven in a frictionless manner by creating a single ready reckoner of collaborative supply chain solutions for the professional communities of engineering, procurement, and construction to lean on, for everything they need.The e-book demonstrates successful use-cases wherein EPC infrastructure companies have benefitted from relying on Moglix for their end-to-end supply chain requirements of fabrication, indirect procurement, and construction raw materials.
Who Should Read This E Book?
The e-book is dedicated to the B2B leaders and decision makers of EPC infrastructure companies that are building India’s National Infrastructure Pipeline and are looking to leverage opportunities worth USD 1.3 trillion.Consequently, the e-book is meant for readers from the engineering, procurement, and construction companies who are searching for supply chain solutions to solve problems of:
- Information asymmetry
- Coordination failure
- Adverse selection
that arise due to using segregated supply chain processes.
What Are the Contents of This E-Book?
EPC infrastructure enterprises work in an environment that is defined by project budget, timeline, and engineering-drawing specifications.
One of the reasons why people from engineering, procurement, and construction communities lean on segregated processes is the dearth of supply chain solutions enablers that can provide a ready reckoner of materials, methods, machineries, and money (supply chain finance) when they need it.
The second edition of “Building India: The Infrastructure We Aspire for and the Supply Chain We Need” brings forth insights on:
- The short-term and long-term outlook on opportunities available across 14 sub-sectors in India’s infrastructure industry that are categorized across logistics & transportation systems, utilities, urban systems and smart cities, and real-estate
- Use-cases for custom manufacturing including heavy, equipment, and general fabrication
- Use-cases for digital transformation of indirect procurement using catalog-based buying
- Use-cases for construction raw material supply chain solutions using site aggregation
- Graphical illustration of the difference between operating with a fragmented and manually run supplier base versus operating with a consolidated vendor base through automated supply chain processes
- Graphical illustration of the difference between operating with segregated supply chain processes versus pan India- site aggregation model
- Use-cases from marquee infrastructure projects like the Central Vista, India’s first bullet train on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route, India’s first riverine port, and more
Moglix is a trusted partner in transforming end-to-end supply chain management for 500+ global companies.
Learn more about how we can help you build the capabilities to reinvent your procurement and supply chain operations and achieve transformative business results today and tomorrow.